About this book
Since the days of silk roads and spice routes, international commerce has been essential to business. Today, from air travel to the Internet, advances in technology have served to make the business world smaller. Yet, despite the real world's march towards globalization, organizational psychology as an academic discipline has yet to incorporate these developments into its degree programs.
Internationalizing the Curriculum in Organizational Psychology counters this resistance with a flexible floor plan to bring practical cross-cultural content into education and training. An expert international panel offers guidance on key aspects of curriculum design, including subject matter, learning objectives, competencies, and experiential learning, with here-and-now global insights and business as well as pedagogical savvy. The approach is far from monolithic, as these diverse contributors challenge readers to embrace complexity, surprise, and the inevitable humorous moments that come with cultural exchanges. Among the areas featured:
- Meaningfully applying cultural knowledge.
- The dominance of Western perspectives and assumptions.
- Core competencies for the cross-cultural curriculum.
- Tools for implementing internationalism in course content.
- Educational models from abroad.
- Internationalizing faculty development.
For faculty and administrators in industrial/organizational psychology, organizational behavior, work psychology, and applied psychology programs who wish to incorporate an international component to their curriculum or courses, Internationalizing the Curriculum in Organizational Psychology occupies the ground floor of the next major paradigm shift.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Internationalizing the Curriculum in Organizational Psychology
Richard L. Griffith
Lori Foster Thompson
Brigitte K. Armon
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-9402-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4614-9401-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4939-4282-4
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4614-9402-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXX, 338
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Cross Cultural Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site