About this book
This book is a state-of-the art reference that presents computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) cardiac imaging for the diagnosis and treatment planning of adult congenital heart disease (ACHD). It highlights the advantages of CT and MR in the management of ACHD, focusing on the complementary collaboration between these two modalities where possible. CT and MR aids in the evaluation of cardiac anatomy and function, leading to the demonstration of the full spectrum of abnormalities in complex cardiac malformations and the discovery of anomalous pathologies missed by other imaging techniques.
The book includes coverage of these topics:
· Basic principles and techniques of CT and MR for ACHD
· Common congenital heart problems in adults such as intracardiac shunts, right and left ventricular outflow tract abnormalities, repaired tetraology of Fallot, cardiomyopathies, aortic arch maldevelopement, anomalous venous return, and coronary vessel anomalies
· Special considerations such as surgical management of adult patients with congenital heart disease, MRI in repaired congenital heart disease, virtual surgery in congenital heart disease, and cardiac MR in patients with implantable arrhythmia devices
Featuring over 500 CT and MR cross-sectional and post-processed images, full color anatomic illustrations, and correlative cadaveric picture, this book is a valuable resource for radiologists, cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, and cardiothoracic surgeons.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-8875-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-8874-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-8875-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site