About this book
This is a comprehensive, state-of-the-art guide to the diagnosis, treatment, and biology of multiple myeloma and related plasma disorders. Edited and written by a multidisciplinary group of recognized authorities from the Mayo Clinic, it presents clear guidelines on diagnosis and therapy and covers all aspects of multiple myeloma, from molecular classification and diagnosis, to risk stratification and therapy. Closely related plasma cell disorders such as solitary plasmacytoma, Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia, and light chain amyloidosis are discussed in detail as well. The book addresses often overlooked topics, including the role of radiation therapy, vertebral augmentation, and supportive care.
Our understanding of this group of disorders is developing at an unprecedented rate, and Multiple Myeloma meets the need among oncologists and hematologists for a clear, timely, and authoritative resource on their biology, diagnosis, and treatment.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-8520-9
- Copyright Information Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-8519-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-8520-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site