Table of contents
About this book
This book looks at the applications of polymeric materials in agriculture and the food industry as a way to meet the growing demands of food production and to reduce the environmental pollution associated with the use of agrochemicals.
Following a detailed description of polymeric materials, Part I addresses in depth their use in both agriculture and agrochemicals. Part II focuses more closely on the role of polymeric materials in food, more specifically in food processing of especially dairy, sugar, juices and water, food additives, and food packaging and protection.
About the AuthorAhmed Akelah is currently Professor Emeritus of Polymer Chemistry at Tanta University, Egypt. He received his Dr. rer. nat. degree from Bonn University, Germany (1978) and his D.Sc. from Cairo University (2010) with a dissertation titled Reactive Functionalized Polymers and Nanocomposites and Their Applications for Achieving Green Chemistry in Chemical Reactions and Agriculture.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-7061-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-7060-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-7061-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site