About this book
This book offers a compact introduction to modern linear control design. The simplified overview presented of linear time-domain methodology paves the road for the study of more advanced non-linear techniques. Only rudimentary knowledge of linear systems theory is assumed - no use of Laplace transforms or frequency design tools is required. Emphasis is placed on assumptions and logical implications, rather than abstract completeness; on interpretation and physical meaning, rather than theoretical formalism; on results and solutions, rather than derivation or solvability. The topics covered include transient performance and stabilization via state or output feedback; disturbance attenuation and robust control; regional eigenvalue assignment and constraints on input or output variables; asymptotic regulation and disturbance rejection. Lyapunov theory and Linear Matrix Inequalities (LMI) are discussed as key design methods. All methods are demonstrated with MATLAB to promote practical use and comprehension.
· Provides a single-source, compact and practical introduction to modern linear control design, including fast and effective design methods;
· Includes a state-of-the-art overview of time-domain linear methods;
· Covers methods typically dispersed in numerous books, such as constraints on control variables, control robustness and the Asymptotic Regulation problem;
· Uses examples from numerous application fields with solutions in MATLAB.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-6943-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-6942-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-6943-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site