About this book
This monograph records progress in approximation theory and harmonic analysis on balls and spheres, and presents contemporary material that will be useful to analysts in this area. While the first part of the book contains mainstream material on the subject, the second and the third parts deal with more specialized topics, such as analysis in weight spaces with reflection invariant weight functions, and analysis on balls and simplexes. The last part of the book features several applications, including cubature formulas, distribution of points on the sphere, and the reconstruction algorithm in computerized tomography.
This book is directed at researchers and advanced graduate students in analysis. Mathematicians who are familiar with Fourier analysis and harmonic analysis will understand many of the concepts that appear in this manuscript: spherical harmonics, the Hardy-Littlewood maximal function, the Marcinkiewicz multiplier theorem, the Riesz transform, and doubling weights are all familiar tools to researchers in this area.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-6660-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-6659-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-6660-4
- Series Print ISSN 1439-7382
- Buy this book on publisher's site