Table of contents
About this book
The Handbook of Crisis Intervention and Developmental Disabilities synthesizes a substantive range of evidence-based research on clinical treatments as well as organizational processes and policy. This comprehensive resource examines the concept of behavioral crisis in children and adults with special needs and provides a data-rich trove of research-into-practice findings. Emphasizing continuum-of-care options and evidence-based best practices, the volume examines crisis interventions across diverse treatment settings, including public and private schools, nonacademic residential settings as well as outpatient and home-based programs.
Key coverage includes:
- Assessment of problem behaviors.
- Co-occurring psychiatric disorders in individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Family members’ involvement in prevention and intervention.
- Intensive treatment in pediatric feeding disorders.
- Therapeutic restraint and protective holding.
- Effective evaluation of psychotropic drug effects.
The Handbook of Crisis Intervention and Developmental Disabilities is a must-have resource for researchers, scientist-practitioners, and graduate students in clinical child, school, developmental, and counseling psychology, clinical social work, behavior therapy/analysis, and special education as well as other related professionals working across a continuum of service delivery settings.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-6531-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-6530-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-6531-7
- Series Print ISSN 1574-0471
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals