Table of contents
About this book
The Handbook of Assessing Variants and Complications in Anxiety Disorders assembles current findings on assessment methods and applies them to common complicating factors, including comorbid personality and behavioral problems. Chapters examine innovative approaches to assessment of anxiety in children and adults, provide leading insights into timely topics (e.g., school refusal, self-injurious behaviors), and analyze strengths and weaknesses of widely used assessment tools. In clarifying the assessment process, contributors give readers a clear perspective on choosing treatment options in keeping with the trend toward targeted, evidence-based practice, and pinpoint needs for further research.
The Handbook's coverage spans the anxiety spectrum, including areas such as:
- Assessment of social and generalized anxiety disorder.
- Neuropsychological assessment of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Intelligence testing and treatment planning with children.
- Assessment of substance abuse and dependence in anxiety disorders.
- Personality disorder assessment in clients with anxiety disorders.
- Functional assessment of comorbid and secondary disorders: identifying conditions for primary treatment.
The Handbook of Assessing Variants and Complications in Anxiety Disorders is an essential reference for researchers, scientist-practitioners, and graduate students in clinical child, school, and developmental psychology; social work; psychiatry; psychotherapy; counseling; and pediatrics. And its companion volume, the Handbook of Treating Variants and Complications in Anxiety Disorders, further explores these findings in the context of the next stage of care.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Handbook of Assessing Variants and Complications in Anxiety Disorders
Eric A. Storch
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-6452-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4614-6451-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4939-2165-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4614-6452-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 255
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Psychotherapy and Counseling
Child and School Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:
“This book describes the assessment process involved in understanding anxiety disorders, along with factors which may confound these efforts, including personality traits and behavioral issues. … This book covers a wide array of topics exploring the complexities of assessing anxiety. It helps readers understand the many nuances involved in the assessment process and the psychological tools that are needed for the process. … this book should be in the libraries of practitioners working in clinical areas.” (Gary B. Kaniuk, Doody’s Book Reviews, April, 2014)