About this book
Many physical problems that are usually solved by differential equation methods can be solved more effectively by integral equation methods. Such problems abound in applied mathematics, theoretical mechanics, and mathematical physics. This uncorrected softcover reprint of the second edition places the emphasis on applications and presents a variety of techniques with extensive examples. Originally published in 1971, Linear Integral Equations is ideal as a text for a beginning graduate level course. Its treatment of boundary value problems also makes the book useful to researchers in many applied fields.
- Book Title Linear Integral Equations
- Book Subtitle Theory & Technique
- Series Title Modern Birkhäuser Classics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-6012-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4614-6011-4
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4614-6012-1
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XIII, 318
- Number of Illustrations 13 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Applications of Mathematics
Ordinary Differential Equations
Partial Differential Equations
Integral Transforms, Operational Calculus
Mathematical Applications in the Physical Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site
A nice introductory text... Presents the basics of linear integral equations theory in a very comprehensive way... [The] richness of examples and applications makes the book extremely useful for teachers and also researchers.
—Applications of Mathematics (Review of the Second Edition)
This second edition of this highly useful book continues the emphasis on applications and presents a variety of techniques with extensive examples...The book is ideal as a text for a beginning graduate course. Its excellent treatment of boundary value problems and an up-to-date bibliography make the book equally useful for researchers in many applied fields.
—MathSciNet (Review of the Second Edition)