About this book
Autonomy for Marine Robots provides a timely and insightful overview of intelligent autonomy in marine robots. A brief history of this emerging field is provided, along with a discussion of the challenges unique to the underwater environment and their impact on the level of intelligent autonomy required. Topics covered at length examine advanced frameworks, path-planning, fault tolerance, machine learning, and cooperation as relevant to marine robots that need intelligent autonomy.
This book also:
Discusses and offers solutions for the unique challenges presented by more complex missions and the dynamic underwater environment when operating autonomous marine robots
Includes case studies that demonstrate intelligent autonomy in marine robots to perform underwater simultaneous localization and mapping
Autonomy for Marine Robots is an ideal book for researchers and engineers interested in the field of marine robots.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-5659-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-5658-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-5659-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site