Table of contents
About this book
Optimization, simulation and control are very powerful tools in engineering and mathematics, and play an increasingly important role. Because of their various real-world applications in industries such as finance, economics, and telecommunications, research in these fields is accelerating at a rapid pace, and there have been major algorithmic and theoretical developments in these fields in the last decade.
This volume brings together the latest developments in these areas of research and presents applications of these results to a wide range of real-world problems. The book is composed of invited contributions by experts from around the world who work to develop and apply new optimization, simulation, and control techniques either at a theoretical level or in practice. Some key topics presented include: equilibrium problems, multi-objective optimization, variational inequalities, stochastic processes, numerical analysis, optimization in signal processing, and various other interdisciplinary applications.
This volume can serve as a useful resource for researchers, practitioners, and advanced graduate students of mathematics and engineering working in research areas where results in optimization, simulation and control can be applied.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-5131-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-5130-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-5131-0
- Series Print ISSN 1931-6828
- Buy this book on publisher's site