About this book
Nanoscale Applications for Information and Energy Systems presents nanotechnology fundamentals and applications in the key research areas of information technology (electronics and photonics) and alternative (solar) energy: plasmonics, photovoltaics, transparent conducting electrodes, silicon electroplating, and resistive switching. The three major technology areas – electronics, photonics, and solar energy – are linked on the basis of similar applications of nanostructured materials in research and development. By bridging the materials physics and chemistry at the atomic scale with device and system design, integration, and performance requirements, tutorial chapters from worldwide leaders in the field provide a coherent picture of theoretical and experimental research efforts and technology development in these highly interdisciplinary areas.
Provides an authoritative overview of the current status and future trends of nanoelectronics, photonics, and solar energy
Presents broad-ranging tutorials on both theoretical and experimental aspects of key topics in nanotechnology
Written by recognized international experts in each area
Addresses the needs of both graduate students and nanotechnology "gurus"
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-5016-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-5015-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-5016-0
- Series Print ISSN 1571-5744
- Buy this book on publisher's site