About this book
Multimedia signals include different data types (text, sound, graphics, picture, animations, video, etc.), which can be time-dependent (sound, video and animation) or spatially-dependent (images, text and graphics). Hence, the multimedia systems represent an interdisciplinary cross-section of the following areas: digital signal processing, computer architecture, computer networks and telecommunications.
Multimedia Signals and Systems is an introductory text, designed for students or professionals and researchers in other fields, with a need to learn the basics of signals and systems. A considerable emphasis is placed on the analysis and processing of multimedia signals (audio, images, video). Additionally, the book connects these principles to other important elements of multimedia systems such as the analysis of optical media, computer networks, QoS, and digital watermarking.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-4208-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-4207-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-4208-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site