Table of contents
About this book
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) is a recognized risk factor for cardiovascular events and death. The coexistence of CKD and heart failure is increasing in prevalence worldwide and requires a unique and subtle approach to patient management.
The Kidney in Heart Failure focuses on the changes that occur in kidney physiology as a function of a failing heart. This comprehensive resource covers epidemiology, pathophysiology, management of kidney disorders and advances in nephropathy management. In addition, the latest therapies, common heart failure dilemmas and kidney disease markers are included. Each chapter is co-authored by a Nephrologist and Cardiologist, offering a unified perspective to these chronic conditions.
This indispensible volume provides the reader with the depth-of-knowledge needed for assessing and treating the cardio renal patient.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title The Kidney in Heart Failure
George L. Bakris
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-3694-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4614-3693-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4899-9811-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4614-3694-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 250
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:
“This book discusses the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and medical management of kidney disease arising from heart failure. … designed to support the understanding and management of CKD in patients with heart failure, reviewing current practice in managing cardiorenal syndromes and concluding with advances in nephropathy management in patients … . Written by respected cardiologists and nephrologists, the book is intended for clinicians in both areas. … a well-written book that will prove useful in an academic healthcare setting or as continuing education for practice updates.” (Melissa K. Soper, Doody’s Review Service, January, 2013)