Table of contents
Introduction and Background
The Basics: Central Pillars of Community Psychiatry
The New: Emerging Keys to Practice
Practicing: Core Clinical Competencies and Techniques
Tried and True: Major Evidence Based Practices
Heroes: Promising Practices and Interventions
Applied Public Health: Special Populations
Making it All Work: Systems and Administration
About this book
Recent years have seen the exponential growth of behavioral health services and technologies, with an expanding public behavioral health picture to match. In community psychiatry especially, person-centered competencies and issues continue to gain in prominence. The Handbook of Community Psychiatry reflects the rapid changes in the field, providing basic and specialized information in areas such as epidemiology, person-centered planning and care, innovations in practice, and treatment of special populations. Organized for maximum comprehension and retention, the text is packed with helpful visuals and technological links. The Handbook:
Defines community psychiatry, reviews the history of the field, and expands on the guiding principles underlying practice.
- Devotes separate chapters to the major clinical competencies.
- Details evidence-based interventions and emerging models of treatment.
- Addresses the future of the field with chapters on systems and administrative issues, and updates on workforce and professional education and development.
- Features useful tables, figures, illustrations, and callout boxes throughout the text.
- Has capacity for software and internet formatting, including CD access, Kindle, and handheld applications.
Coverage this comprehensive and practical makes the Handbook of Community Psychiatry indispensable to psychiatrists at all stages of their careers, as well as educators, students, trainees, and administrators in psychiatry and community behavioral health. Given the multidisciplinary nature of behavioral health services, the Handbook is an invaluable reference for psychiatric nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants; social workers; community psychologists; counselors, and case managers.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-3149-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-3148-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-3149-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site