About this book
This book presents a comprehensive, systematic approach to the development of vision system architectures that employ sensory-processing concurrency and parallel processing to meet the autonomy challenges posed by a variety of safety and surveillance applications. Coverage includes a thorough analysis of resistive diffusion networks embedded within an image sensor array. This analysis supports a systematic approach to the design of spatial image filters and their implementation as vision chips in CMOS technology. The book also addresses system-level considerations pertaining to the embedding of these vision chips into vision-enabled wireless sensor networks.
- Describes a system-level approach for designing of vision devices and embedding them into vision-enabled, wireless sensor networks;
- Surveys state-of-the-art, vision-enabled WSN nodes;
- Includes details of specifications and challenges of vision-enabled WSNs;
- Explains architectures for low-energy CMOS vision chips with embedded, programmable spatial filtering capabilities;
- Includes considerations pertaining to the integration of vision chips into off-the-shelf WSN platforms.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-2392-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-2391-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-2392-8
- About this book