About this book
The Virtual Fields Method: Extracting Constitutive Mechanical Parameters from Full-field Deformation Measurements is the first book on the Virtual Fields Method (VFM), a technique to identify materials mechanical properties from full-field measurements.
Firmly rooted with extensive theoretical description of the method, the book presents numerous examples of application to a wide range of materials (composites, metals, welds, biomaterials) and situations (static, vibration, high strain rate). The authors give a detailed training section with examples of progressive difficulty to lead the reader to program the VFM and include a set of commented Matlab programs as well as GUI Matlab-based software for more general situations.
The Virtual Fields Method: Extracting Constitutive Mechanical Parameters from Full-field Deformation Measurements is an ideal book for researchers, engineers, and students interested in applying the VFM to new situations motivated by their research.
- Book Title The Virtual Fields Method
- Book Subtitle Extracting Constitutive Mechanical Parameters from Full-field Deformation Measurements
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-1824-5
- Copyright Information Springer New York 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4614-1823-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4899-9877-4
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4614-1824-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXII, 518
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site