About this book
The continuum, field theoretic method of study of phase transformations in material systems, also known as "phase field", allows one to analyze different stages of transformations on the unified platform. It has received significant attention in the materials science community recently due to many successes in solving or illuminating important problems. This book will address fundamentals of the method starting from the classical theories of phase transitions, the most important theoretical and computational results, and some of the most advanced recent applications.
Field Theoretic Method in Phase Transformations can be used as an introduction for those new to the field or as a guide for a seasoned researcher. It is also of interest to researchers interested in the history of physics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-1487-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-1486-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-1487-2
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8450
- Series Online ISSN 1616-6361
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Energy, Utilities & Environment