Table of contents
About this book
This book provides practical solutions for delay and power reduction for on-chip interconnects and buses. It provides an in depth description of the problem of signal delay and extra power consumption, possible solutions for delay and glitch removal, while considering the power reduction of the total system. Coverage focuses on use of the Schmitt Trigger as an alternative approach to buffer insertion for delay and power reduction in VLSI interconnects. In the last section of the book, various bus coding techniques are discussed to minimize delay and power in address and data buses.
· Provides practical solutions for delay and power reduction for on-chip interconnects and buses;
· Focuses on Deep Sub micron technology devices and interconnects;
· Offers in depth analysis of delay, including details regarding crosstalk and parasitics;
· Describes use of the Schmitt Trigger as a versatile alternative approach to buffer insertion for delay and power reduction in VLSI interconnects;
· Provides detailed simulation results to support the theoretical discussions.
· Provides details of delay and power efficient bus coding techniques.
- Book Title Low Power Interconnect Design
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-1323-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4614-1322-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4939-4294-7
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4614-1323-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 152
- Number of Illustrations 99 b/w illustrations, 12 illustrations in colour
Circuits and Systems
Electronics and Microelectronics, Instrumentation
- Buy this book on publisher's site