About this book
This book is written for behavioral scientists who want to consider adding R to their existing set of statistical tools, or want to switch to R as their main computation tool. The authors aim primarily to help practitioners of behavioral research make the transition to R. The focus is to provide practical advice on some of the widely-used statistical methods in behavioral research, using a set of notes and annotated examples. The book will also help beginners learn more about statistics and behavioral research. These are statistical techniques used by psychologists who do research on human subjects, but of course they are also relevant to researchers in others fields that do similar kinds of research.
The authors emphasize practical data analytic skills so that readers can quickly incorporated the data in their own research.
- Book Title Behavioral Research Data Analysis with R
- Series Title Use R!
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-1238-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4614-1237-3
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4614-1238-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 245
- Number of Illustrations 21 b/w illustrations, 11 illustrations in colour
Statistics for Social Sciences, Humanities, Law
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:“The target audience is behavioural scientists who wish to move to using R for some or all of their analyses. … There is a good balance between discussion of the scientific background, the processing of data, R coding issues, and discussion of results. Extensive references are provided, both for sources of the data and for methodology. … For a senior student or researcher … this text is strongly recommended.” (John H. Maindonald, International Statistical Review, Vol. 82 (1), 2014)