Table of contents
About this book
The selenium field has grown dramatically in the years since the first edition of Selenium: Its Molecular Biology and Role in Human Health was published in 2001. All aspects of selenium biology have advanced with many new approaches and insights into the biochemical, molecular, genetic, and health areas of this intriguing element. The third edition of Selenium: Its Molecular Biology and Role in Human Health brings readers up to date and informs them of the present knowledge of the molecular biology of selenium, its incorporation into proteins as selenocysteine, and the role that this element and selenium-containing proteins (selenoproteins) play in health and development.
The current edition will be an important resource for scientists and investigators in the selenium field, students, and physicians who wish to learn more about this fascinating micronutrient.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-1025-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-1024-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-1025-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site