About this book
- Book Title The Evolution Problem in General Relativity
- Series Title Progress in Mathematical Physics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4612-2084-8
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Boston 2003
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Boston
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-8176-4254-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4612-7408-7
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4612-2084-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages , 400
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Classical and Quantum Gravitation, Relativity Theory
Applications of Mathematics
Partial Differential Equations
Mathematical Methods in Physics
- Buy this book on publisher's site
"The book . . . gives a new proof of the central part of the theorem of Christodoulou and S. Klainerman, The global nonlinear stability of the Minkowski space . . . The authors prove, working in terms of double null foliations, a nonlinear stability, or global existence for small data, result for exterior domains."
"...Important results in this book are presented in a more ‘digestible’ form [than] in the preceding book [‘The global nonlinear stability of the Minkowski space’] and thus scientists and graduate students working in relativity are recommended to read at least the introduction and the conclusions."
—Applications Of Mathematics
"...This important monograph, presenting the detailed proof of an important result in general relativity, is of great interest to researchers and graduate students in mathematics, mathematical physics, and physics in the area of general relativity."
—Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai, Series Mathematica
"The main purpose of this book is to revisit the global stability of Minkowski space as set out by D. Chrostodoulou and S. Klainerman (1993). Here the authors provide a new self-contained proof of the main part of that result, which concerns the full solution of the radiation problem in vacuum, for arbitrary asymptotically flat initial data sets."