About this book
- Book Title What Is Random?
- Book Subtitle Chance and Order in Mathematics and Life
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4612-1472-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York, Inc. 1999
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-387-98737-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4612-7156-7
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4612-1472-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 201
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:
THE AMERICAN STATISTICIAN
"In summary, I think that many readers with a strong interest in mathematics, statistics, physics, or other areas of science will find this book interesting and challenging. I strongly recommend it to all who are interested in science and would like to see how the ideas of both theoretical mathematics and statistics have been observed and used in real life throughout history."
"The book is nicely written and should entertain many readers…"