Table of contents
About this book
This work is concerned with combinatorial aspects arising in the theory of exactly solvable models and representation theory. Recent developments in integrable models reveal an unexpected link between representation theory and statistical mechanics through combinatorics. For example, Young tableaux, which describe the basis of irreducible representations, appear in the Bethe Ansatz method in quantum spin chains as labels for the eigenstates for Hamiltonians.
Taking into account the various criss-crossing among mathematical subject, Physical Combinatorics presents new results and exciting ideas from three viewpoints; representation theory, integrable models, and combinatorics.
This volume will be of interest to mathematical physicists and graduate students in the the above-mentioned fields.
Contributors to the volume: T.H. Baker, O. Foda, G. Hatayama, Y. Komori, A. Kuniba, T. Nakanishi, M. Okado, A. Schilling, J. Suzuki, T. Takagi, D. Uglov, O. Warnaar, T.A. Welsh, A. Zabrodin
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4612-1378-9
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Boston 2000
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4612-7121-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4612-1378-9
- Series Print ISSN 0743-1643
- Series Online ISSN 2296-505X
- Buy this book on publisher's site