Table of contents
About this book
This volume, dedicated to Bertram Kostant on the occasion of his 65th birthday, is a collection of 22 invited papers by leading mathematicians working in Lie theory, geometry, algebra, and mathematical physics. Kostant’s fundamental work in all these areas has provided deep new insights and connections, and has created new fields of research. The papers gathered here present original research articles as well as expository papers, broadly reflecting the range of Kostant’s work.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Lie Theory and Geometry
- Book Subtitle In Honor of Bertram Kostant
- Series Title Progress in Mathematics
- Series Abbreviated Title Progress in Mathematics(Birkhäuser)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4612-0261-5
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Boston 1994
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-8176-3761-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4612-6685-3
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4612-0261-5
- Series ISSN 0743-1643
- Series E-ISSN 2296-505X
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XLIII, 596
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Topological Groups, Lie Groups
- Buy this book on publisher's site
"[The papers] are of high interest and high quality and make this volume one of the most interesting and coherent collective publications this reviewer has ever seen."
–Int. Math. Nach.