About this book
- Book Title An Introduction to Dirac Operators on Manifolds
- Series Title Progress in Mathematical Physics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4612-0065-9
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Boston 2002
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-8176-4298-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4612-6596-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4612-0065-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 211
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Functions of a Complex Variable
Group Theory and Generalizations
Theoretical, Mathematical and Computational Physics
- Buy this book on publisher's site
"The text should be accessible for senior undergraduate and graduate students. It requires very little previous knowledge of the domains covered. More advanced readers could perhaps appreciate the new approach to the theory as well as some new results on boundary value theory."
"This book gives an introduction to Dirac operators on manifolds for readers with little knowledge in differential geometry and analysis.... Compared to other books treating similar subjects...the present book is considerably more elementary and is mostly restricted to results that can easily be obtained out of the definitions."
"The extraordinary importance of Dirac operators in variuos domains of mathematics and physics is well known. So, although there are some remakrable monographs on Dirac operators, the high number of recent papers covering several subjects needs periodical surveys...
The book is excellent for beginners offering several ideas of research and a global picture of a fascinating theory!" ---Memoriile Sectiilor Stiintifice