Table of contents
About this book
This book provides an updated and expanded overview of basic concepts of energy economics and explains how simple economic tools can be used to analyse contemporary energy issues in the light of recent developments, such as the Paris Agreement, the UN Sustainable Development Goals and new technological developments in the production and use of energy.
The new edition is divided into four parts covering concepts, issues, markets, and governance. Although the content has been thoroughly revised and rationalised to reflect the current state of knowledge, it retains the main features of the first edition, namely accessibility, research-informed presentation, and extensive use of charts, tables and worked examples.
This easily accessible reference book allows readers to gain the skills required to understand and analyse complex energy issues from an economic perspective. It is a valuable resource for students and researchers in the field of energy economics, as well as interested readers with an interdisciplinary background.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-7468-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Ltd., part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-7467-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-7468-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site