About this book
This book provides a broad yet detailed introduction to neural networks and machine learning in a statistical framework. A single, comprehensive resource for study and further research, it explores the major popular neural network models and statistical learning approaches with examples and exercises and allows readers to gain a practical working understanding of the content. This updated new edition presents recently published results and includes six new chapters that correspond to the recent advances in computational learning theory, sparse coding, deep learning, big data and cloud computing.
Each chapter features state-of-the-art descriptions and significant research findings. The topics covered include:• multilayer perceptron;
• the Hopfield network;
• associative memory models;
• clustering models and algorithms;
• t he radial basis function network;
• recurrent neural networks;
• nonnegative matrix factorization;
• independent component analysis;
•probabilistic and Bayesian networks; and
• fuzzy sets and logic.
Focusing on the prominent accomplishments and their practical aspects, this book provides academic and technical staff, as well as graduate students and researchers with a solid foundation and comprehensive reference on the fields of neural networks, pattern recognition, signal processing, and machine learning.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-7452-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Ltd., part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-7451-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-7452-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site