Table of contents
About this book
People relate to other people, not to simplified types or segments. This is the concept that underpins this book. Personas, a user centered design methodology, covers topics from interaction design within IT, through to issues surrounding product design, communication, and marketing.
Project developers need to understand how users approach their products from the product’s infancy, and regardless of what the product might be. Developers should be able to describe the user of the product via vivid depictions, as if they – with their different attitudes, desires and habits – were already using the product. In doing so they can more clearly formulate how to turn the product's potential into reality.
Based on 20 years’ experience in solving problems for businesses and 15 years of research, currently at the IT University of Copenhagen, Lene Nielsen is Denmark’s leading expert in the persona method. She has a PhD in personas and scenarios, and through her research and practical experiences has developed her own approach to the method – 10 Steps to Personas. This second edition of Personas – User Focused Design presents a step-by-step methodology of personas which will be of interest to developers of IT, communications solutions and innovative products. This book also includes three new chapters and considerable expansion on the material in the first edition.
- Book Title Personas - User Focused Design
- Series Title Human–Computer Interaction Series
- Series Abbreviated Title Human–Computer Interaction Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-7427-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Ltd., part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4471-7426-4
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-7427-1
- Series ISSN 1571-5035
- Series E-ISSN 2524-4477
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages IX, 170
- Number of Illustrations 13 b/w illustrations, 34 illustrations in colour
User Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction
Special Purpose and Application-Based Systems
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet)
- Buy this book on publisher's site