About this book
This revised and extended second edition covers problems concerning the design and realization of digital control algorithms for power electronics circuits using digital signal processing (DSP) methods. This book discusses signal processing, starting from analog signal acquisition, through conversion to digital form, methods of filtration and separation, and ending with pulse control of output power transistors. The book is focused on two applications for the considered methods of digital signal processing, a three-phase shunt active power filter and a digital class-D audio power amplifier. The book bridges the gap between power electronics and digital signal processing.
Many control algorithms and circuits for power electronics in the current literature are described using analog transmittances. This may not always be acceptable, especially if half of the sampling frequencies and half of the power transistor switching frequencies are close to the band of interest. Therefore in this book, a digital circuit is treated as a digital circuit with its own peculiar characteristics, rather than an analog circuit. This helps to avoid errors and instability.
This edition includes a new chapter dealing with selected problems of simulation of power electronics systems together with digital control circuits. The book includes numerous examples using MATLAB and PSIM programs.
Active Power Filters Class-D Power Amplifier Control Circuits for Power Electronics Digital Signal Processing Multirate Digital Signal Processing Power Electronics Simulation of Power Electronics Systems
- Book Title Digital Signal Processing in Power Electronics Control Circuits
- Series Title Power Systems
- Series Abbreviated Title Power Systems
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-7332-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Ltd. 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4471-7331-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-7406-6
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-7332-8
- Series ISSN 1612-1287
- Series E-ISSN 1860-4676
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XXI, 340
- Number of Illustrations 51 b/w illustrations, 272 illustrations in colour
Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Networks
Signal, Image and Speech Processing
Circuits and Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site