Table of contents
About this book
This book offers an original and broad exploration of the fundamental methods in Clustering and Combinatorial Data Analysis, presenting new formulations and ideas within this very active field.
With extensive introductions, formal and mathematical developments and real case studies, this book provides readers with a deeper understanding of the mutual relationships between these methods, which are clearly expressed with respect to three facets: logical, combinatorial and statistical.
Using relational mathematical representation, all types of data structures can be handled in precise and unified ways which the author highlights in three stages:
- Clustering a set of descriptive attributes Clustering a set of objects or a set of object categories
- Establishing correspondence between these two dual clusterings
Tools for interpreting the reasons of a given cluster or clustering are also included.
Foundations and Methods in Combinatorial and Statistical Data Analysis and Clustering will be a valuable resource for students and researchers who are interested in the areas of Data Analysis, Clustering, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-6793-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-6791-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-6793-8
- Series Print ISSN 1610-3947
- Series Online ISSN 2197-8441
- Buy this book on publisher's site