About this book
This book illustrates how Interactive Systems can help elderly and disabled populations engage with the world around them by finding methods of overcoming the difficulties these communities face when using such systems by presenting the latest in state-of-the-art technology and providing a vision for accessibility for the near future.
The challenges faced by accessibility practitioners are discussed and the different phases of delivering accessible products and services are explored. A collection of eminent researchers from around the world cover topics on developing and standardizing user models for inclusive design, adaptable multimodal system development for digital TV and ubiquitous devices, presenting research on intelligent voice recognition, adaptable pointing, browsing and navigation, and affect and gesture recognition. The research not only focuses on how these can be hugely beneficial to primary users, but often finding useful applications for their able-bodied counterparts.
For this new edition, new chapters have been added focusing on the latest developments in games for the visually impaired, inclusive interfaces for the agricultural industry in India and technologies to improve accessibility in broadcasting in Japan.
A Multimodal End-2-End Approach to Accessible Computing will be an invaluable resource for both researchers and practitioners alike.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title A Multimodal End-2-End Approach to Accessible Computing
- Series Title Human–Computer Interaction Series
- Series Abbreviated Title Human–Computer Interaction Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-6708-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4471-6707-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-7074-7
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-6708-2
- Series ISSN 1571-5035
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XIX, 336
- Number of Illustrations 20 b/w illustrations, 95 illustrations in colour
User Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction
Computer Appl. in Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Buy this book on publisher's site