Table of contents
About this book
Gaining public attention due, in part, to their potential application as energy storage devices in cars, Lithium-ion batteries have encountered widespread demand, however, the understanding of lithium-ion technology has often lagged behind production.
This book defines the most commonly encountered challenges from the perspective of a high-end lithium-ion manufacturer with two decades of experience with lithium-ion batteries and over six decades of experience with batteries of other chemistries.
Authors with years of experience in the applied science and engineering of lithium-ion batteries gather to share their view on where lithium-ion technology stands now, what are the main challenges, and their possible solutions. The book contains real-life examples of how a subtle change in cell components can have a considerable effect on cell’s performance. Examples are supported with approachable basic science commentaries.
Providing a unique combination of practical know-how with an in-depth perspective, this book will appeal to graduate students, young faculty members, or others interested in the current research and development trends in lithium-ion technology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-6548-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-6547-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-6548-4
- Series Print ISSN 1865-3529
- Series Online ISSN 1865-3537
- Buy this book on publisher's site