Table of contents
About this book
With the increasing availability of electronic services, security and a reliable means by which identity is verified is essential.
Written by Norberto Andrade the first chapter of this book provides an overview of the main legal and regulatory aspects regarding electronic identity in Europe and assesses the importance of electronic identity for administration (public), business (private) and, above all, citizens. It also highlights the role of eID as a key enabler of the economy.
In the second chapter Lisha Chen-Wilson, David Argles, Michele Schiano di Zenise and Gary Wills discuss the user-centric eCertificate system aimed at supporting the eID system.
Electronic Identity is essential reading for researchers, lawyers, policy makers, technologists and anyone wishing to understand the challenges of a pan-European eID.
- Book Title Electronic Identity
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Cybersecurity
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs in Cybersecurity
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-6449-4
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-6448-7
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-6449-4
- Series ISSN 2193-973X
- Series E-ISSN 2193-9748
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 90
- Number of Illustrations 14 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Systems and Data Security
Legal Aspects of Computing
IT Law, Media Law, Intellectual Property
- Buy this book on publisher's site