About this book
Tackling globalization is a great challenge – it is both extremely beneficial and essentially problematic.
This comprehensive, multidisciplinary study confronts this ambivalence through the use of computer simulation. It discusses the findings of social interaction and social simulation through the use of understandable global examples. Readers can use this book as a tool to outline significant aspects of intercultural simulation and highlight the issues that need to be considered in the reader’s analysis.
The author leads the reader via sequential narration from a colloquial description of intercultural situations to final simulation prototypes; each step is accompanied by descriptive comments and program code. Social Interaction, Globalization and Computer-aided Analysis shows the reader how to acquire intercultural data from seemingly inconceivable information sources.
Researchers and software developers engaged in interdisciplinary research projects in the field of Human-Computer Interaction will find this book to be a useful companion in their work.
Alexander Osherenko is the founder of the start-up company Socioware Development, which implements psychologically-, sociologically- and culturally-aware software that scrutinizes information based on the findings of the cognitive sciences. Solutions created by Socioware Development can be implemented across a vast spectrum of industries, including car manufacturing, insurance and banking, Internet search engines and e-retailers.
- Book Title Social Interaction, Globalization and Computer-Aided Analysis
- Book Subtitle A Practical Guide to Developing Social Simulation
- Series Title Human–Computer Interaction Series
- Series Abbreviated Title Human–Computer Interaction Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-6260-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4471-6259-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-7079-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-6260-5
- Series ISSN 1571-5035
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 245
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 82 illustrations in colour
User Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction
Computer Appl. in Social and Behavioral Sciences
Community and Environmental Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site