About this book
This book presents the current evidence and practice in the pharmacological treatment of atrial fibrillation (AF). AF management has changed significantly in recent years as a new era has begun for the prevention of stroke, one of the most devastating complications of AF. Prevention of ischemic stroke in AF patients with oral anticoagulants represents a huge challenge and the enormous amount of research is revealing new treatment opportunities at a dizzying pace.
While new classes of antithrombotic drugs for AF treatment are still in their infancy, recent research is revealing how these can be applied with optimal efficacy. Atrial Fibrillation Therapy includes practical information for readers on applying the guidelines developed as a result of the increased pharmacotherapeutic understanding. This book also guides trainees, recertifying physicians, and practicing physicians in internal medicine, cardiology, emergency medicine, and clinical pharmacology to apply the new diagnostic tools for selecting the best treatment options for AF patients.
- Discusses new diagnostic tools for selecting therapies for AF patients
- Presents recent research in a highly practical, easy reference style
- Emphasis on a just-the-facts approach to the treatment options in AF
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Atrial Fibrillation Therapy
Antoni Bayés de Luna
- Series Title Current Cardiovascular Therapy
- Series Abbreviated Title Curr. Cardiov. Ther.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-5475-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-5474-7
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-5475-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 188
- Number of Illustrations 11 b/w illustrations, 15 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site