About this book
The Creative Engineering Design Assessment or CEDA is a newly developed tool to assess creativity specific to engineering design which is vital for innovation. The revised CEDA assesses usefulness in addition to originality. Both originality and usefulness are key constructs in creativity but are primarily essential and emphasized ever more in engineering design.
Since the preliminary research was presented to the National Science Foundation, further reliability and validity has been developed and established. The CEDA is different from other general creativity measures as it demonstrates discriminant validity with the Creative Personality Scale, Creative Temperament Scale, and the Cognitive Risk Tolerance Scale, and has demonstrated convergent validity with the Purdue Creativity Test and the Purdue Spatial Visualization Test- Rotations. It focuses on engineering specific measures, measuring engineering creativity and spatial skills.
The aim of this book is to disseminate the CEDA tool for use in engineering educational programs, industry, NASA and the military. Creative Engineering Design Assessment (CEDA) Background, Directions, Manual, Scoring Guide and Uses discusses and outlines the need for creativity in our global economy and in engineering design and provides the CEDA tool in effort to achieve this.
- Book Title Creative Engineering Design Assessment
- Book Subtitle Background, Directions, Manual, Scoring Guide and Uses
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-5379-5
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-5378-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-5379-5
- Series ISSN 2191-530X
- Series E-ISSN 2191-5318
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 73
- Number of Illustrations 27 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Buy this book on publisher's site