Table of contents
About this book
Backward stochastic differential equations with jumps can be used to solve problems in both finance and insurance.
Part I of this book presents the theory of BSDEs with Lipschitz generators driven by a Brownian motion and a compensated random measure, with an emphasis on those generated by step processes and Lévy processes. It discusses key results and techniques (including numerical algorithms) for BSDEs with jumps and studies filtration-consistent nonlinear expectations and g-expectations. Part I also focuses on the mathematical tools and proofs which are crucial for understanding the theory.
Part II investigates actuarial and financial applications of BSDEs with jumps. It considers a general financial and insurance model and deals with pricing and hedging of insurance equity-linked claims and asset-liability management problems. It additionally investigates perfect hedging, superhedging, quadratic optimization, utility maximization, indifference pricing, ambiguity risk minimization, no-good-deal pricing and dynamic risk measures. Part III presents some other useful classes of BSDEs and their applications.
This book will make BSDEs more accessible to those who are interested in applying these equations to actuarial and financial problems. It will be beneficial to students and researchers in mathematical finance, risk measures, portfolio optimization as well as actuarial practitioners.
- Book Title Backward Stochastic Differential Equations with Jumps and Their Actuarial and Financial Applications
- Book Subtitle BSDEs with Jumps
- Series Title EAA Series
- Series Abbreviated Title EAA Series(formerly EAA Lecture Notes)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-5331-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-5330-6
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-5331-3
- Series ISSN 1869-6929
- Series E-ISSN 1869-6937
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 288
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking
From the book reviews:
“The book presents a self-contained overview of the modern state of the theory of backward stochastic differential equations (BSDEs) for jump-diffusion random processes and aims to show applications of the theory to financial and actuarial problems. … useful to both students and researchers in applied probability dealing with actuarial and financial problems.” (Ya. I. Bīlopol's'ka, Mathematical Reviews, June, 2014)