About this book
Fault Diagnosis and Fault-Tolerant Control and Guidance for Aerospace demonstrates the attractive potential of recent developments in control for resolving such issues as improved flight performance, self-protection and extended life of structures. Importantly, the text deals with a number of practically significant considerations: tuning, complexity of design, real-time capability, evaluation of worst-case performance, robustness in harsh environments, and extensibility when development or adaptation is required. Coverage of such issues helps to draw the advanced concepts arising from academic research back towards the technological concerns of industry.
Initial coverage of basic definitions and ideas and a literature review gives way to a treatment of important electrical flight control system failures: the oscillatory failure case, runaway, and jamming. Advanced fault detection and diagnosis for linear and nonlinear systems are described. Lastly recovery strategies appropriate to remaining acuator/sensor/communications resources are developed.
The authors exploit experience gained in research collaboration with academic and major industrial partners to validate advanced fault diagnosis and fault-tolerant control techniques with realistic benchmarks or real-world aeronautical and space systems. Consequently, the results presented in Fault Diagnosis and Fault-Tolerant Control and Guidance for Aerospace, will be of interest in both academic and aerospatial-industrial milieux.
Advances in Industrial Control aims to report and encourage the transfer of technology in control engineering. The rapid development of control technology has an impact on all areas of the control discipline. The series offers an opportunity for researchers to present an extended exposition of new work in all aspects of industrial control.
- Book Title Fault Diagnosis and Fault-Tolerant Control and Guidance for Aerospace Vehicles
- Book Subtitle From Theory to Application
- Series Title Advances in Industrial Control
- Series Abbreviated Title Advances in Industrial Control
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-5313-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4471-5312-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-7030-3
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-5313-9
- Series ISSN 1430-9491
- Series E-ISSN 2193-1577
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 216
- Number of Illustrations 51 b/w illustrations, 75 illustrations in colour
Control and Systems Theory
Aerospace Technology and Astronautics
- Buy this book on publisher's site