About this book
Hughes Syndrome: Highways and Byways is a handy and easy-to-read guide to the main features of Hughes syndrome. There has been worldwide interest in this 'new' syndrome (first described in 1983). A clotting tendency which can potentially affect any organ in the body, it is:
* responsible for 1 in 5 recurrent miscarriages (now successfully treated with aspirin and heparin)
* responsible for 1 in 5 young (under 45) strokes
* a major cause of early heart attacks
* responsible for 1 in 5 deep vein thromboses
* an important cause of migraine.
Hughes Syndrome: Highways and Byways is a valuable resource for professionals with an interest in the subject, as well as general practitioners and patients.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-5161-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-5160-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-5161-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site