About this book
Regulation of the Power Sector is a unified, consistent and comprehensive treatment of the theories and practicalities of regulation in modern power-supply systems. The need for generation to occur at the time of use occasioned by the impracticality of large-scale electricity storage coupled with constant and often unpredictable changes in demand make electricity-supply systems large, dynamic and complex and their regulation a daunting task.
Conceptually arranged in four parts, this book addresses both traditional regulatory frameworks and also liberalized and re-regulated environments. First, an introduction gives a full characterization of power supply including engineering, economic and regulatory viewpoints. The second part presents the fundamentals of regulation and the third looks at the regulation of particular components of the power sector in detail. Advanced topics and subjects still open or subject to dispute form the content of the fourth part.
In a sector where regulatory design is the key driver of both the industry efficiency and the returns on investment, Regulation of the Power Sector is directed at regulators, policy decision makers, business managers and researchers. It is a pragmatic text, well-tested by the authors’ quarter-century of experience of power systems from around the world. Power system professionals and students at all levels will derive much benefit from the authors’ wealth of blended theory and real-world-derived know-how.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Regulation of the Power Sector
Ignacio J. Pérez-Arriaga
- Series Title Power Systems
- Series Abbreviated Title Power Systems
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-5034-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4471-5033-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-6913-0
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-5034-3
- Series ISSN 1612-1287
- Series E-ISSN 1860-4676
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 728
- Number of Illustrations 95 b/w illustrations, 11 illustrations in colour
Energy Policy, Economics and Management
Systems Theory, Control
- Buy this book on publisher's site