About this book
Global networks, which are the primary pillars of the modern manufacturing industry and supply chains, can only cope with the new challenges, requirements and demands when supported by new computing and Internet-based technologies. Cloud Manufacturing: Distributed Computing Technologies for Global and Sustainable Manufacturing introduces a new paradigm for scalable service-oriented sustainable and globally distributed manufacturing systems.
The eleven chapters in this book provide an updated overview of the latest technological development and applications in relevant research areas. Following an introduction to the essential features of Cloud Computing, chapters cover a range of methods and applications such as the factors that actually affect adoption of the Cloud Computing technology in manufacturing companies and new geometrical simplification method to stream 3-Dimensional design and manufacturing data via the Internet. This is further supported case studies and real life data for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) remanufacturing.
This compilation of up to date research and literature can be used as a textbook or reference for mechanical, manufacturing, and computer engineering graduate students and researchers for efficient utilization, deployment and development of distributed and Cloud manufacturing systems, services and applications.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Cloud Manufacturing
- Book Subtitle Distributed Computing Technologies for Global and Sustainable Manufacturing
- Series Title Springer Series in Advanced Manufacturing
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Ser.Advanced Manufacturing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4935-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4471-4934-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-6133-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-4935-4
- Series ISSN 1860-5168
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 259
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Manufacturing, Machines, Tools, Processes
Special Purpose and Application-Based Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site