About this book
Success in Academic Surgery: Developing a Career in Surgical Education is a unique and portable handbook that offers careers advice and guidance to medical students, surgical residents, young faculty and others considering a career within surgical education.
Surgical education is a rapidly expanding area of surgical research and career interest, and as the Association for Academic Surgery (AAS) fall courses (www.aasurg.org) and international courses offer more and more specialty tracking there is a greater need for an accompanying textbook to supplement the material presented in the courses.
Success in Academic Surgery: Developing a Career in Surgical Education expands on some of the important issues related to surgical education highlighted in the AAS courses by addressing key areas such as how to acquire the skills necessary for success in this field, how to develop a research program in surgical education as well as offering guidance on applying for research grants, among other things.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4691-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-4690-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-4691-9
- Series Print ISSN 2194-7481
- Series Online ISSN 2194-749X
- Buy this book on publisher's site