Table of contents
About this book
Urological problems are so common as to represent a significant burden for many primary care physicians and GPs in their everyday practice worldwide. A major concern is how far to go themselves in the diagnosis and treatment of a urological diseases and when to refer the patient for specialist care.
Problem Based Urology provides an easy and user-friendly tool to assist in decision making in the treatment of the more common urological problems and the most appropriate timing for referral to specialist care. Within each chapter, one or more flow charts are included to help the reader to formulate the most likely diagnosis on the basis of findings from medical history, examination and investigations, and to start an appropriate first-line treatment or to refer the patient to the specialist where appropriate.
This book will appeal to the primary care physician or general practitioner and is an invaluable reference for professionals dealing with common urological complaints.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4634-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-4633-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-4634-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site