Table of contents
About this book
Social media is now ubiquitous on the internet, generating both new possibilities and new challenges in information analysis and retrieval.
This comprehensive text/reference examines in depth the synergy between multimedia content analysis, personalization, and next-generation networking. The book demonstrates how this integration can result in robust, personalized services that provide users with an improved multimedia-centric quality of experience. Each chapter offers a practical step-by-step walkthrough for a variety of concepts, components and technologies relating to the development of applications and services.
Topics and features:
- Provides contributions from an international and interdisciplinary selection of experts in their fields
- Introduces the fundamentals of social media retrieval, presenting the most important areas of research in this domain
- Examines the important topic of multimedia tagging in social environments, including geo-tagging
- Discusses issues of personalization and privacy in social media
- Reviews advances in encoding, compression and network architectures for the exchange of social media information
- Describes a range of applications related to social media
Researchers and students interested in social media retrieval will find this book a valuable resource, covering a broad overview of state-of-the-art research and emerging trends in this area. The text will also be of use to practicing engineers involved in envisioning and building innovative social media applications and services.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4555-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-4554-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-4555-4
- Series Print ISSN 1617-7975
- Buy this book on publisher's site