About this book
Given their key position in the process control industry, process monitoring techniques have been extensively investigated by industrial practitioners and academic control researchers. Multivariate statistical process control (MSPC) is one of the most popular data-based methods for process monitoring and is widely used in various industrial areas. Effective routines for process monitoring can help operators run industrial processes efficiently at the same time as maintaining high product quality.
Multivariate Statistical Process Control reviews the developments and improvements that have been made to MSPC over the last decade, and goes on to propose a series of new MSPC-based approaches for complex process monitoring. These new methods are demonstrated in several case studies from the chemical, biological, and semiconductor industrial areas.
Control and process engineers, and academic researchers in the process monitoring, process control and fault detection and isolation (FDI) disciplines will be interested in this book. It can also be used to provide supplementary material and industrial insight for graduate and advanced undergraduate students, and graduate engineers.
- Book Title Multivariate Statistical Process Control
- Book Subtitle Process Monitoring Methods and Applications
- Series Title Advances in Industrial Control
- Series Abbreviated Title Advances in Industrial Control
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4513-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4471-4512-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-5989-6
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-4513-4
- Series ISSN 1430-9491
- Series E-ISSN 2193-1577
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 194
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Control and Systems Theory
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:“The aim of this book is to present an actual panorama of the statistical monitoring methods applied to industrial processes. … The presentation of the book makes it ready to use for an audience already aware of the vocabulary and main techniques of statistical analysis. … the books contains a wealth of examples and benchmarks that are very valuable for estimating the quality of the methods as well as for supporting further researches in the area.” (Pierre Leone, zbMATH, Vol. 1272, 2013)