About this book
Gout: Basic Science and Clinical Practice is a thoroughly researched comprehensive text which covers all important aspects of gout, including its genetics, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management.
Gout is probably the most common rheumatic disease after osteoarthritis and is becoming more common with the prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in the US, and in many other countries. Only about 10% of patients with gout are treated by rheumatologists and this often leads to inadequate diagnosis and treatment in general medical practice.
Written by an expert in the field this book is valuable reference for rheumatologists and others in the medical profession who are interested in understanding and managing this important disease.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4264-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-4263-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-4264-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site