Table of contents
About this book
This totally revised edition of a classic textbook covers the context and background of public health informatics, explores the technology and science underlying the field, discusses new challenges and emerging solutions, reviews many key public health information systems, and includes practical, case-based studies to guide the reader through the topic. The editors have expanded the text into new areas that have become hugely important since the original edition due to changing technologies and needs in the field, as well as updating and augmenting many of the original core tenets. It contains learning objectives, overviews, and review questions to assist readers to engage with this vast topic. The Editors and their team of well-known contributors have built upon the foundation established by the first edition and provided the reader with a comprehensive introduction to the subject of public health informatics.
The breadth of material in Public Health Informatics and Information Systems, 2nd edition makes it suitable for both undergraduate and graduate coursework in public health informatics, enabling instructors to select chapters that best fit their students’ needs.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Public Health Informatics and Information Systems
Paul C. Fu, Jr.
- Series Title Health Informatics
- Series Abbreviated Title Health Informatics(formerly:Computers in Health Care)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4237-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4471-4236-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-6814-0
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-4237-9
- Series ISSN 1431-1917
- Series E-ISSN 2197-3741
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XVIII, 666
- Number of Illustrations 79 b/w illustrations, 35 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site