Table of contents
About this book
Gas turbines play an important role in power generation and aeroengines. An extended survey of methods associated with the control and systems identification in these engines, Dynamic Modelling of Gas Turbines reviews current methods and presents a number of new perspectives.
• Describes a total modelling and identification program for various classes of aeroengine, allowing you to deal with the engine’s behaviour over its complete life cycle.
• Shows how the above regime can be applied to a real engine balancing the theory with practical use.
• Follows a comparative approach to the study of existing and newly derived techniques thus offering an informed choice of controllers and models from the tried-and trusted to the most up-to-date evolutionary optimisation models.
• Presents entirely novel work in modelling, optimal control and systems identification to help you get the most from your engine designs.
Dynamic Modelling of Gas Turbines represents the latest research of three groups of internationally recognised experts in gas turbine studies. It will be of interest to academics working in aeroengine control and to industrial practitioners in companies concerned with their design. The work presented here is easily extendible to be relevant in other areas in which gas turbines play a role such as power engineering.
Advances in Industrial Control aims to report and encourage the transfer of technology in control engineering. The rapid development of control technology has an impact on all areas of the control discipline. The series offers an opportunity for researchers to present an extended exposition of new work in all aspects of industrial control.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-3796-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-84996-914-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-3796-2
- Series Print ISSN 1430-9491
- Series Online ISSN 2193-1577
- Buy this book on publisher's site