About this book
A unified and systematic description of analysis and decision problems within a wide class of uncertain systems, described by traditional mathematical methods and by relational knowledge representations.
With special emphasis on uncertain control systems, Professor Bubnicki gives you a unique approach to formal models and design (including stabilization) of uncertain systems, based on uncertain variables and related descriptions.
• Introduction and development of original concepts of uncertain variables and a learning process consisting of knowledge validation and updating.
• Examples concerning the control of manufacturing systems, assembly processes and task distributions in computer systems indicate the possibilities of practical applications and approaches to decision making in uncertain systems.
• Includes special problems such as recognition and control of operations under uncertainty.
If you are interested in problems of uncertain control and decision support systems, this will be a valuable addition to your bookshelf. Written for researchers and students in the field of control and information science, this book will also benefit designers of information and control systems.
- Book Title Analysis and Decision Making in Uncertain Systems
- Series Title Communications and Control Engineering
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-3760-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-85233-772-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-84996-909-3
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-3760-3
- Series ISSN 0178-5354
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 371
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Control and Systems Theory
Theory of Computation
Computer Systems Organization and Communication Networks
Computer-Aided Engineering (CAD, CAE) and Design
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:
This book… belongs to the Communications and Control Engineering series… It is useful for graduate students, researchers and readers interested in control, information and decision in the case of uncertain systems that is to say systems whose description involves any form of uncertainty… Each time it is necessary, basic pre-requisites are given… making the book self contained… It is a very interesting and important contribution…
Kybernetes 35 (2006) 242 – 243 (Reviewer: Robert Vallée)
In a nutshell, this research monograph is about uncertainty, its different facets and uncertain systems. It offers a unique and original treatment of uncertainty captured in the form of uncertain variables… Overall, the book is a comprehensive, highly authoritative, and lucidly written research treatise on uncertain systems – highly recommended to all involved in the analysis, design and applications of systems with uncertainty.
Zentralblatt MATH 1103 (2007) 167 (Reviewer: Witold Pedrycz)
The aim of the book is to show that different types of uncertainty, when involved in formalizing the various types of systems, can be treated in a unified way. The book deals with both model-based systems and knowledge-based systems… The book is certainly an important contribution to the growing literature in the field of systems science and I highly recommend it to readers of this journal.
International Journal of General Systems 34 (2005) 318 (Reviewer: George J. Klir)